Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just offered a 2001 Diamondback XSL Race for 350 dollars. I want to get back into mountain biking but I cant figure out how much this bike is worth and if its a good deal. Could anyone give me some suggestions?

The frame has a few scratches but over all in good shape, might need some rear derailleur work.

full Scram ESP 9.0 drive train, shifters and brake levers,

race face carbon cranks

XT brakes front and rear

john tomac handlebar, bar ends, LX rear hub, WTB grease injection front hub.

Front fork is a Manitou Exvert Super custom with 100mm of travel.

Rock Shox Sid rear shock with 3.75-4.25 inches of adjustable rear travel

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
It really depends

Does the bike fit, if not. Don't get it if it was $350 or $3500. Also make a careful check on the frame to make sure there are no cracks, and make sure the rear shock is working right too.

The parts on the bike are decent. Sram 9.0 is somewhere around the XT level of parts, LX hubs are the workhorse group, and the cranks are good as long as the rings don't need replaced yet.

From what you have desribed the parts spec isn't too bad, but what about some of the parts you can't see? Headset? Bottom Bracket?

Overall sounds like an ok bike if it's in good shape. Maybe not the greatest out there, but should work much better than my first (or second, or even third) bike did.

JmZ

rahheen said:
I was just offered a 2001 Diamondback XSL Race for 350 dollars. I want to get back into mountain biking but I cant figure out how much this bike is worth and if its a good deal. Could anyone give me some suggestions?

The frame has a few scratches but over all in good shape, might need some rear derailleur work.

full Scram ESP 9.0 drive train, shifters and brake levers,

race face carbon cranks

XT brakes front and rear

john tomac handlebar, bar ends, LX rear hub, WTB grease injection front hub.

Front fork is a Manitou Exvert Super custom with 100mm of travel.

Rock Shox Sid rear shock with 3.75-4.25 inches of adjustable rear travel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.