Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one local for $180 that appears to be 100% original and MINT.

I'm thinking about buying it to take with me when the family and I go camping (we have a travel trailer). I won't have a good place to stow my $2000 trek while camping so I'd rather lose a $180 bike than a $2000 bike.

How are these things? It's unlikely I'll be doing any serious trails while I'm out with the family but I figured this would probably do ok. Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

·
Bikes in jeans
2,371 Posts
$180 is at the high end IMO but if everything is in working condition, it might be worth it. These were decent bikes, a bit harsh, the headshok is the biggest drawback IMO.

You may want to verify the serial number on this one. Suspiciously similar to this stolen one with the same panaracer tires and grips and components that I can identify:

https://bikeindex.org/bikes/12298

Might be a different size though, and it wasn't uncommon for people to stick with that color scheme.

·
Village Idiot
155 Posts
For your needs, it looks like a fair deal, and I bet you would be pleased with it. That particular type of bike was my introduction to real mountain biking about 17 years ago, when I rented one in Moab.

·
Music & Bikes
1,658 Posts
the headshok is the biggest drawback IMO.
I don't agree

If in working condition , it's a very good fork.

I ran one for 10 years , the only reason I changed (to a booted Lefty) was because CDale didn't make parts anymore.
(those 'Darn air chambers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.