Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade my 2000 sugar 3's fork, and have been considering the Black. Would the 100mm be okay for this bike, or will it alter the handling drastically. I would like a smoother ride than my SX offers.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sure

I have a 2001 Sugar 2 (same frame geometry as yours) that I put a Fox Float 100mm on last year. It's great. It will slacken your head tube angle a little, which will make the front end a little lighter on steep climbs, which you can compensate for with body position. Also, your handlebars will be raised 1/2 to 3/4 inch. I compensated for that by removing some spacers from under my stem, to keep the bars at about the same height they were before, or you can try a lower-rise stem.

Overall I'm very happy with the 100mm Fox.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. The more I look, it seems Fox is the way to go, though a bit expensive. The local supergo has the marzocchi marathon 105 on sale for about $350, so I'm considering one of these as well.

Thanks Again,
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.