Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tool
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a similar frame? I'm looking to replace a '99 GT Avalanche frame and I'd appreciate a comparison if anyone can do it. Is a used XTC worth any money at all? Is it durable? I ride mostly XC, but tend to look for difficult terrain with 1-2 foot drops. Any help appreciated, thanks.

--Kevin

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
I have a 2002 XTC SEII frame. It is tin can light. I threw the bike in anger when it was new and it received two very small dents. I have a couple thou cross country miles on it with no problems---is actually holding up WAY better than my Trek7000 did.
I probably wouldn't take any drops over a foot or 2 tho--after all it is a cross country racing frame.

OverStuffed said:
Does anyone own a similar frame? I'm looking to replace a '99 GT Avalanche frame and I'd appreciate a comparison if anyone can do it. Is a used XTC worth any money at all? Is it durable? I ride mostly XC, but tend to look for difficult terrain with 1-2 foot drops. Any help appreciated, thanks.

--Kevin

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
If you want to do drops the XTC is not the bike for you, look for a Warp, VT or AC for those stunts.

If you want a XC racing hardtail the XTC is it or you could look in to the NRS series.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's my XTC DS2 2000, Still going strong. So it depends how abused it's been. I have no desire at all to replace it yet. Surprises me, actually.

I went to this from an Avalanche as well and I fell in love with it immediately, because it "felt" like a hard tail without the ass end bouncing all over the place in the rough stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts