Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am FINALLY getting a re-order of the flange bushings and the bearings completed tomorrow. I should have alll the parts for making more kits by the weekend. I had a lot of inquiries for the full kits again.

For those who don't know, I have been making these kits since Summer 2004... Sold very many of them, most of them overseas in fact. UK, Malaysia, Turkey, Scotland, Canada, Mexico. Just about everywhere.

The FULL Kit includes all 6 rear suspension triangle pivot bearings, the 2 dropout pivot Aluminum Spacer sleeves, and the 4 polymer flange bushings.

Price in the USA will be $25 mailing costs included (First Class Postage)... Overseas to almost any country will be $30 mailing costs included!! Time to mail overseas is about 5-7 days.

I also have a very detailed manual for removal and installation of the bearing kits. This is sent to each purchaser. Almost 5 megs of color photos.

Email me , or look for upcoming eBay auctions (Buy-it-Now pricing).

John

·
Ski during the off-season
487 Posts
John said:
Well, I am FINALLY getting a re-order of the flange bushings and the bearings completed tomorrow. I should have alll the parts for making more kits by the weekend. I had a lot of inquiries for the full kits again.

Price in the USA will be $25 mailing costs included (First Class Postage)... Overseas to almost any country will be $30 mailing costs included!! Time to mail overseas is about 5-7 days.
Talk about timing. My NRS had recently developed a 'squeak' that was driving me nuts. In the process of eliminating a squeak, I removed & lubed nearly all the bolts in rear suspension / rear triangle. The noise was coming from the connections near the cassette. When I pulled the non-drive side pivot bearing I found some rust :eekster: My first thought was, "I wonder if that person is still selling the bushing kits for the NRS?"

When will you start selling the kits?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The polymer flange bushings will be here in a couple days. The bearings are on order and could take a week.

I do have 4 remaining rear dropout kits (originally 126 kits). Each kit is $20 mailed. The dropout kits do not have any bearings, just the 4 flange bushings and the spacer sleeves.

·
487 Posts
Thanks for the update. As one of the bearings is rusting, I will wait till you have the full kits. BTW, do you have pix's of all the stuff so that I see what I am getting and what it is to replace? Most of what you are describing makes sense, although, I am having a hard time picturing what will be replaced & what will not be. Also, do the cranks have to be removed to replace everything?

·
487 Posts
Thanks for the pix. Correlating the counts in your description with the picture, it appears what I really need are the replacement spacer sleeves. Are the bearings that you provide any better or worse than the OEM?

Also, do you know where I can get some replacement 'bolts' (not sure what the correct name is -- the 'bolt' that goes through the drive side spacer sleeve is starting to strip, so I figure getting one before its all the way gone is a good idea). Also, nut under the bottom of the shock is not doing too well either but I digress. Thx.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bearings are equal to the OEM bearings. The spacer sleeves are AT LEAST equal to the OEM sleeves, I had them made for me (500 pieces) at a local CNC shop, and they were sent out for a secondary process of Teflon coating and hardcoating. They are Aluminum 6061-T6511 .

The bolt you refer to is a non-standard metric shoulder bolt. I believe that GIANT is the only place to get them, and they can be purchased individually (at least they could be last year, although they didn't have any in stock). The GIANT suspension kits are about $90 last time I checked. They came with the bolts.

The nut on the lower shock mount is an M6 nylock nut. Also called nylon insert lock nut. You may be able to get some at Home Depot or hardware store. It is 6mm in diameter (M6 x 1 thread).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on the small sealed bearing (688-2RS) for the shock rocker links. I received everything but those, and my supplier should be getting them in sometime next week.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
688-2rs

Well, I received word that they can FINALLY get me 180 pcs of the small bearings, but I have to eat a price increase double what they normally cost. I should get ALL the bearings next week.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got Em in..

I FINALLY received the remainder of the bearings. I will be putting a fixed price auction on eBay soon. It's the easiest way to sell them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
pivots

i picked up a replacement kit this summer from giant for a 2001 NRS. but i only got to replace half of the pivots. the problem i ran into is that the pivot connecting the rear triangle to the rocker arms needed a polymer bushing instead of a bearing and a tapered bolt that they sent.. i needed a set of bushing/bolt/polymer flange identical to the one in the lower link by the r. der. the LBS had no idea why it didnt work out. they contacted their rep.. and it turns out they wont be manufacturing anymore... so my LBS wasnt able to hook me up with the parts i needed.

Question:
- do you have any idea where else i can find the "bolts" for the pivots since my LBS cant.
- I'll be looking on ebay for your auction, can you assemble a kit with 2 pair ( for both pivots) instead of the bearings for the pivot at the rocker arm and rear triangle?
***do you know why my rear traingle is different from others? im not the original owner of the bike, but it was nearly new when i picked it up.

the parts i needed was a set of what is on the left, what they gave me is on the right...

Attachments

·
487 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.