Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a friend offered me his used M960 crankset... with new bearing cups and a new middle chainring for 200 bucks. I've trashed 3 ISIS bbs in under a year and need to move on to something else. This sounds like a good deal, but I'm a grad student and often don't have money to buy stuff like this. Is the durability going to be an issue? I won't have money to buy new rings once a year. If this sounds like it might reek of problems, any other ideas?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
davezeman said:
So, a friend offered me his used M960 crankset... with new bearing cups and a new middle chainring for 200 bucks. I've trashed 3 ISIS bbs in under a year and need to move on to something else. This sounds like a good deal, but I'm a grad student and often don't have money to buy stuff like this. Is the durability going to be an issue? I won't have money to buy new rings once a year. If this sounds like it might reek of problems, any other ideas?
personally, I would not. for only a few bucks more you can get a brand new Deus crankset which I would much rather have in terms of the bearings used and cost of replacement rings.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
FoShizzle said:
personally, I would not. for only a few bucks more you can get a brand new Deus crankset which I would much rather have in terms of the bearings used and cost of replacement rings.
Yeah. Ditto! If you can get something new for a little less, its a better investment by far. The race face cranks a great too from what I've heard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.