Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a specialized p3 for 200 bucks, I've wanted a dj for a bit now, and found this, pics below and issues it has,

Needs new tires
Chain broken
And cranks are setup for a chainring but there isn't one pics below, what should I buy/ change on it?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,840 Posts
If the internals of the hub need to be replaced you could be lookin at about $60 in parts (if you can find them) plus your time to replace it (if you have the tools and knowledge).

Or you can buy a replacement rear wheel - if you can find one. Stock is really low in many places and the less expensive options are limited.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the internals of the hub need to be replaced you could be lookin at about $60 in parts (if you can find them) plus your time to replace it (if you have the tools and knowledge).

Or you can buy a replacement rear wheel - if you can find one. Stock is really low in many places and the less expensive options are limited.
Fudging hell

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depends on the hub, but maybe a cheap fix especially if the hub has cup and cone bearings. Maybe all it needs is an adjustment. If you don't feel confident in doing the diagnosis yourself, then take it to your LBS. Can you read a name or number on the hub?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts