Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting my hands on one of these for use as my geared bike but need a measurement to assist me with calculating shipping to Australia.
Can anyone help me with a measurement from the farthest point of the sliding dropout to the front of the headtube and also from the top of the seat-tube to the bottom of the BB shell please.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
TR said:
I am looking at getting my hands on one of these for use as my geared bike but need a measurement to assist me with calculating shipping to Australia.
Can anyone help me with a measurement from the farthest point of the sliding dropout to the front of the headtube and also from the top of the seat-tube to the bottom of the BB shell please.
What are you particular object are you measuring when you say '20" On One riders'? :rolleyes:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
TR said:
21" sorry.
TR....you sure you dont want the 19.5? I thought you liked the new Ventanas top tube length which by memory anyway, is right at the 20/22 El Comandante....the 21.5 is gonna get pretty long

heck, i rode the 18" Inbred 29er with a 120mm stem and loved it....though in fairness, i would have got the 19.5 had it been available at the time.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FoShizzle said:
TR....you sure you dont want the 19.5? I thought you liked the new Ventanas top tube length which by memory anyway, is right at the 20/22 El Comandante....the 21.5 is gonna get pretty long

heck, i rode the 18" Inbred 29er with a 120mm stem and loved it....though in fairness, i would have got the 19.5 had it been available at the time.
22" Ventana has a 24.5"TT while the On One has a 25.2" so it is not that different.
You could be right though?!?!?!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
TR said:
22" Ventana has a 24.5"TT while the On One has a 25.2" so it is not that different.
You could be right though?!?!?!
19.5" Inbred 29er has a 24.4" top tube, so right at the 20/22 El Comandante....relatively speaking, 25.2 would be a pretty considerable difference from 24.5". I am not often right but on this one, my money is on me.

Brant may chime in but I highly doubt he would recommend a 21" for you....I cant remember how tall you said you were but I thought we were about the same.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FoShizzle said:
19.5" Inbred 29er has a 24.4" top tube, so right at the 20/22 El Comandante....relatively speaking, 25.2 would be a pretty considerable difference from 24.5". I am not often right but on this one, my money is on me.

Brant may chime in but I highly doubt he would recommend a 21" for you....I cant remember how tall you said you were but I thought we were about the same.
6'3" and 35.5" inseam.
I am now thinking that you may just be right.
All of a sudden I am on an average size frame again. :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm 6' with an 32'' inseam. My Inbread is a 21''. The stand over is a little close but ok. I am very comfortable with the fit in regards to hight. The top tube is a little long. I run a 90mm stem and feel just a bit stretched out (lots of weight on my hands). But I'm an old clyde and like a more upright position. If the 19.5" was out when I got mine, I would have bought that size.

·
Registered
370 Posts
TR, What stem length are you running on the Ventana currently? Did you alter it when you changed frames?

My fisher has a 24.5"top tube with a 100mm stem. The on One at 25.2 is slightly longer yes(converted to mm it's about 10mm), so I'm planning on using a 90mm stem. End result is the bar to seat distance will be pretty much the same, however, as the stem is shorter, steering will be fractionally, I'd say the difference undetectable, faster. Which given 29er's supposedly lack of turning ability, can only be a plus.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NoWay Ray said:
TR, What stem length are you running on the Ventana currently? Did you alter it when you changed frames?
110mm. No change since the swap and probably will not be.

NoWay Ray said:
I'd say the difference undetectable, faster. Which given 29er's supposedly lack of turning ability, can only be a plus.
:confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.