Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Que je suis bete!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this whole axle thing is getting confusing. I'm not ready to say it is out of control, but. I'm just trying to keep it constant, and simple. I'm a 20 mm through axle kind of guy, have that for several wheel sets for my 5" Behemoth, and want to build a hardtail with 100-120 mm fork, and a tapered headtube if possible. The headtube is not a deal breaker. What are my options, that would work with the 3 sets of 20mm hubs I already have, and one I would like to build? I don't see anything from Fox ( that doesn't mean it isn't there), I don't know if the 20mm maxle forks with a normal 20mm hub, there is maybe something coming from W-bros, the Reba ti looks promising, if it works with regular hubs. What should I be looking at here? 2 of my wheel sets are DT 240, one is a Crossmax, so I don't want to just start chopping up wheels and hubs for the latest flavor axle.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
All 20mm. axle hubs are the same spec. namely 20mm. with 110mm. hub spacing. Different manufacturers use different axle designs but all will fit. There are 29" 20mm. forks from Manitou, Rock Shox and White Bros. that I can think of, off hand. The likes of Fox, DT Swiss and Marzocchi have invested in 15QR only for their 29" forks as far as I know.

Ronnie.

·
Que je suis bete!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nater, Ronnie, Thanks. That is more or less what I had surmised, but thought I might be missing something. I'm interested in what White Bros has coming out soon, if their teasers are accurate. I like my fluid 130 well enough, even though it doesn't have anything special going on. Other than that, maybe that Reba ti.

·
Underskilled
4,751 Posts
The new WB does look good.
WB fluid was so plush, tracked better than any fork (excluding my dorado with an empty dampener; with oil in the fluid is more fluid).

Nice company too, the amount of time they spent helping me tune my fork was ridiculous (not to mention all the free parts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts