6. Incredi Bell
7. Park Tool brush/pick
8. Degreaser
9. GU's
10. Trade for Beer

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I would spend the $20 on something I need, if my bike doesn't need a part at the time I would spend it on bling for the bike. Something shiney :thumbsup: Seatpost clamp, stem spacers, cassette spacers (if you have a singlespeed). Or better yet, if you have an old bike that doesn't get used, spend the $20 on a tensioner and freewheel to convert that bike to singlespeed.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Wool socks

Wool cycling socks are fairly expensive and usually something that people won't spend money on. But they're super comfy, they breath really well and most people who try them wind up wearing them in place of their regular dress/sport socks.

Yep, if I had a $20 gift card, I'd buy some wool socks.

·
All fat, all the time.
10,638 Posts
Ken in KC said:
Wool cycling socks are fairly expensive and usually something that people won't spend money on. But they're super comfy, they breath really well and most people who try them wind up wearing them in place of their regular dress/sport socks.

Yep, if I had a $20 gift card, I'd buy some wool socks.
This. I had a pair of wool socks on the other day, dumped my foot into a cold creek. Wrung out the sock and amazingly my foot stayed warm till the end of the ride.

·
Combat Wombat
1,851 Posts
Patrick99 said:
Oh that is so good of your wife who has gifted you her gift card and i think you need to make a proper use of the card ,so think twice before you could spend it and see that she is happy with your decision that you take in purchasing something for your bike .
No doubt. Make sure she realizes how much you appreciate her gift, because if not, she might end up trying to buy you items. I have a shelf in the garage with many....ummm....well...wonderfull gifts from my wife. I layed it on heavy this year that I really needed some new cycling socks, basically anything that was not pink. There is no pink on the coffee press I got to use at work. Of course coffee presses and 10 minute breaks do not go well together. I think I am going to go heavy on the gift card idea and see where it goes.

·
Truly Doneski
541 Posts
OURY grips. I love mine and I think they're going to last just about forever.

Brake pads, cables. Maybe put it towards new shorts or a jersey. If you've had your helmet for close to two years, maybe putting it towards a new helmet would be good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.