Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to start my DIY build and I have decided on 2 XML's , I already have a few MS batteries so might as well use them. Anyone know what driver I will need , I cant work out if I need the LFLEX or the H6FLEX .. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
The LFlex does have battery monitoring, in that it can be set to flash the main LED briefly with specific patterns when pre-determined voltage points have been reached. It doesn't support a separate status LED.

Regarding cooling, simply attach to a suitable metal part of the housing using the thermal tape provided with the LFlex. If you run the XM-Ls at 3A then you might need some additional cooling for the top of the FET - George's advice is that if the power dissipation in the driver is over 5W then it should be cooled further. I'm purposely keeping my twin XM-L build to 2.5A maximum to avoid this (there's hardly any difference in brightness).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right can ayone recomend what optic/reflector (think thats right) is best for XM-Ls in an easy2led case, having 2 on my handlebars so dont want a too narrow throw. Also anyone know of a supplier of this stuff in the UK ?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Farnell seem to supply Ledil stuff - PM Troutie and he'll give you a low down. LXP/M-RS should give a nice smooth but narrowish beam, a Regina gives a bright spot and fairly wide flood, Laura-RS is sort of in between the two but would need trimming down to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.