Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice has been given. Two more weeks. Six more days of doing someone else's bidding, then back to sweet, blissful unemployment. Perhaps just five, I'm thinking about taking this Saturday off....what's the worst that can happen, right? :thumbsup:

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
You freaking bum. Get a job, I'm tired of my hard earned dollars supporting prescription pill poppers in West Virginia. Ok, maybe tired is the wrong word, hmmm, how about jealous.

You should spend you free time locating that mysterious WV bigfoot!! It seems he finally blew out his meat plug:

·
Bikecurious
301 Posts
I've been enjoying pseudo-unemployment myself. It's great. The lack of money and steady work sucks a bit, but the couch/beer time is nice. Not to mention the more flexible riding schedule. And I can catch the Price is Right at 11 and 1.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
davis said:
, I'm thinking about taking this Saturday off....what's the worst that can happen, right? :thumbsup:
hell yeah! take this saturday off, and come up and ride the high sods! I think ODN is in, and im trying to scrape together a few other folks. Ill strap a boombox to the handlebars and play the rolling stones "this could be the last time" in loop mode :(

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trekfueler said:
Three words: Economic. Stimulus. Check.

Good timing. Enjoy!
That thing was received and spent months ago. Paid for about 65% of my new Niner SIR9. I actually have a new job lined up. It doesn't pay anything, but has terrific benefits. I'll be a stay at home dad, raising our now 14 week old daughter. Definitely the best career move I've ever made. All of this possible due to my loving wife who will be expanding her work week from 3 days to four. Sadly, that one extra day pretty much equals my weekly income from the employer that shall remain nameless.

Warning: Proud parent content. http://gallery.mac.com/capriley#100079

The sad thing about those Chinese-borrowed checks is that she'll be likely paying back the debt with interest. Good thing that new bike was made in Taiwan and not China, huh? :madman:

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Congrates davis. Your new job will be awesome. Been there, done that, as my second job anyway.

I'll be down in a few weeks and put you to work on another NON Paying job, clearing some dead and down from a particular location :thumbsup: . I'm sure you know where, because mushrooms are easier to see when your are on you knees :rolleyes: . I'll bring the beer, for afterwards of course... See if you can get a key for the gate and let me know.

ODN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.