Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an upgrade shock but not too sure about some tech info. Have 4" travel frame, KONA Kikapu deluxe, and want a Swinger 3 way shock. Is a 2" stroke shock going to cut it? I ride xc and trails. thx for feedback

·
Registered
784 Posts
joekmlee said:
Looking for an upgrade shock but not too sure about some tech info. Have 4" travel frame, KONA Kikapu deluxe, and want a Swinger 3 way shock. Is a 2" stroke shock going to cut it? I ride xc and trails. thx for feedback
I might be mistaken but as far as i know, the kikapu comes with a shock i2i of 6.5 inches. 2 inch stroke shocks normally has an i2i of 7.5 inches. It means that if you would install a longer i2i; which would certainly increase the bb height and steepen the HA & SA; as well as affect the chain lenght.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ride a 2006 kikapu deluxe and the shock measurement is 200 mm by 50 mm. This works out to about 7 and 7/8 inches by 2 inches. There are many shocks in that size range, but make sure that you can get the approriate spacers and/or reducers to fit it snugly to the kikapu frame. Best of luck...Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think the rocco is a good shock for the Kikapu frame. The rocco, from what I can recall, does not have any real platform. The Kona frame benefits from a platform shock. I went with a Magura Hugin, and any of the Fox airshocks would be suitable. Many Konas come stock with RP23. You can probably get decent platform shocks from Manitou and RockShox as well. The RockShox Pearl looks promising. Maybe get one and let us know how it works...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.