Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is what you do to build up your hill climbing.

My 2 1/2 year old son loves to go out for a ride on the bike & calls the Rip our 29er.

The seat mounts off the steerer tube & has nothing going to the frame so the seat turns with the handle bars.

Not so funny when you are puffing climbing up a big hill & he keeps saying whats wrong with the motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
:D LMAO :D At least you won't have to worry about the front staying down on the climbs :D :D Very cool, BUT, Dad, take it easy on the downs with him on there and don't endo , OK ;) :p

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
He looks old enough for one of these.

(With respect, I'm not a big fan of your set-up as I've seen what happens in a crash...)

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That cool.

Yes I like that.

My 2 seater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I wanna play to.

Here is the set up I use to take my daughter to school everyday.

Steer from the rear tandem. Built by Chris Brown in Co.

Chris
Niner Bikes
Attached Images

Yes I like that I bet that gets some looks.:thumbsup:

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good to.

pinkheadedbug said:
He looks old enough for one of these.

(With respect, I'm not a big fan of your set-up as I've seen what happens in a crash...)
I have 1 of those to & the trailer that take 2 kids but Bryce really likes it up front were he can see everything & we use the time to count & go through the alphabet & things like that:thumbsup:

As a result he could say the hole alphabet before he was 2.

I have sean 4 year olds do a 100 mile ride around lake Taupo on 1 of those ( I don't want to race them when they are older ):madman:

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Years ago in Moab we ran into a guy that had a saddle mounted on the top tube and a small set of bars that mounted off the stem, some foot pegs on the down tube. His daughter rode in a basic "riding position" and he had a harness on that connected to one she wore - if he bailed she went with him and he could tuck around her. He rode lots of technical stuff, taking it a bit easy and I wonder if she is now some sh!t-hot woman racer, 20+ years later. She was totally diggiing it and was excited every morning about that day's ride at the Fat Tire Fest. Pretty awesome. I like the school-bus yellow 2-seater also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts