Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fruita in spring...seems to be a common theme around this board, so i'll add to that one.
ride one: hit prime cut to zippety do da with the infamous screampint. flowers blooming like mad in the bookcliffs right now, it's pretty spectacular. the zip downhill is in excellent shape thanks to spring rains and is completely rideable, super hard pack.

pic 1: climbing frontside to get to zip- sarah singlespeeding the climbs where most are in granny gear.
pic 2: wildflowers and the trail to forever
pic 3: the rollercoaster section of zip
pic 4: more rollercoaster
pic 5: more wildflowers

now on to ride two...

Attachments

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now on to ride two...

okay- ride two in the wonderful fruita spring. a quick hotlap on rustler's with the freshie who is finally back on the bike after knee surgery. and some ridiculous photo shoot sessions to boot.
pic 1: Jen on rustler's
pic 2: similar image
pic 3: the overlook on rustler's
pic 4: overlook and sunburst
pic 5: sunlight hitting the rocks...okay, that's what i like about the pic, the textures formed by the different color river rock in the foreground

Attachments

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and finally, last round of pics

and finally, nearing the end of the trail and fun with the fisheye lens which i cannot seem to pry off my camera now matter how much i realize it distorts things...
jen grabbed the camera on these ones, so this is me, riding and re-riding one corner, trying to get the shot
pic 1: cornering
pic 2: yet again, cornering
pic 3: cornering without the color
pic 4: fun with photoshop

that's it!

Attachments

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
No kidding. After the Walt and Rob clash over which vehicle I wanted I was a bit worried about both of them stalking me. Then when Rob actually came to town... Well, let's just say that he tried to steal my kids' bikes, pestered my hubby, and arrived with his "family." Luckily Walt has not done the same thing, although since he doesn't anounce his Fruita visits (if he does visit) that might be scarier ;)

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
screampint said:
No kidding. After the Walt and Rob clash over which vehicle I wanted I was a bit worried about both of them stalking me. Then when Rob actually came to town... Well, let's just say that he tried to steal my kids' bikes, pestered my hubby, and arrived with his "family." Luckily Walt has not done the same thing, although since he doesn't anounce his Fruita visits (if he does visit) that might be scarier ;)
Now, now - it was only one of your kids bikes we stole (Danielle's would be too big for me). As for pestering your husband, I merely sampled some of his beer (4 or 5 times, but who's counting) while returning the stolen goods.

Just to set the record straight about Waltomatic - I was defending your honor (as any good stalker would) after he made some poor assumptions about your lifestyle.

Now, can you send me Annie's address so I'll know where to park?

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
screampint said:
Instead of turning to get to the shop just go straight, no wait, not straight, forward. Straight doesn't work for her house.
nothing straight about our house whatsoever.....full of freaks. i'd avoid it at all costs, 'specially over the festival when it's full of intoxicated pro riders building dirt jumps in the backyard and driving nekkid thru town. defiantly not straight. you're right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
YEAH yeah YEAH ANNIE!! WE'S GONNA GET ROWDY!

grannyannie said:
nothing straight about our house whatsoever.....full of freaks. i'd avoid it at all costs, 'specially over the festival when it's full of intoxicated pro riders building dirt jumps in the backyard and driving nekkid thru town. defiantly not straight. you're right.
HOPEFULLY MY PLATES N SCREWS WILL BE FULLY BOARED INTO THE BONES SO I'LL BE ABLE TO RIDE DURING THE FTF, YOU DONT WANT ME IN YOUR HOUSE WITH ALL THAT EXTRA JESS ENERGY.

HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE!

all the best grannie--oh and nice pics too--they help me through this waiting game fo sure!
still trying to fandangle yur moms trailer park van so stay tuned,

jessssssica

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aaaarrrgghhh!!!

jessica said:
HOPEFULLY MY PLATES N SCREWS WILL BE FULLY BOARED INTO THE BONES SO I'LL BE ABLE TO RIDE DURING THE FTF, YOU DONT WANT ME IN YOUR HOUSE WITH ALL THAT EXTRA JESS ENERGY.

HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE!

all the best grannie--oh and nice pics too--they help me through this waiting game fo sure!
still trying to fandangle yur moms trailer park van so stay tuned,

jessssssica
what's that you sayin' bout my mama?.....and now yer full of metal to boot! you are so much more punk rock than i will ever hope to be. and of course you are welcome at the house even if you are full of piss n' vinegar.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.