Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 questions in regards to the Goblin:

First is with the Geax AKA 2.2's. Are they wire beaded tires?

Second, I am looking to upgrade the seatpost (I know, a waste of time for a normal rider, but I have a gift certificate for Amazon and saw a good deal). What is the diameter of the seatpost?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Mike is correct on both points.

FYI, there is no such thing as a "2013 Goblin". We don't use model year denominators for our bikes as we tend to make several runs of the same model that spans an 18+ month lifespan. We tend to introduce models at different times thru the year. This allows us to not get caught in that planned obsolescence rut and dumping inventory every late summer. If we did that we'd have to raise list prices to buffer the added loss of doing that.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions>

Jeremy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike is correct on both points.

FYI, there is no such thing as a "2013 Goblin". We don't use model year denominators for our bikes as we tend to make several runs of the same model that spans an 18+ month lifespan. We tend to introduce models at different times thru the year. This allows us to not get caught in that planned obsolescence rut and dumping inventory every late summer. If we did that we'd have to raise list prices to buffer the added loss of doing that.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions>

Jeremy
Thanks to both of you guys...Jeremy helpful and informative as always.

Gonna go with an S-Works Captain up front and an S-Works Fastrack on the rear tubeless. From the weight numbers it looks to be around a pound for a fairly cheap upgrade. I had that setup on my last bike and felt a huge improvement. Maybe in a couple of months I'll go with seatpost and stem...already have some carbon handlebars.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks to both of you guys...Jeremy helpful and informative as always.

Gonna go with an S-Works Captain up front and an S-Works Fastrack on the rear tubeless. From the weight numbers it looks to be around a pound for a fairly cheap upgrade. I had that setup on my last bike and felt a huge improvement. Maybe in a couple of months I'll go with seatpost and stem...already have some carbon handlebars.
You're welcome!

I'd change out the seatpost first if you will end up doing those in succession. A good carbon post really adds to the comfort level on longer rides.

Jeremy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? The carbon seatpost makes that much of a difference? Even over losing around a pound of rotational weight?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
As compared to a stem its probably the first thing I would buy.........after a good wheelset though. A lighter wheelset will transform the ride in regards to acceleration and handling.

Hope that makes sense!

Jeremy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As compared to a stem its probably the first thing I would buy.........after a good wheelset though. A lighter wheelset will transform the ride in regards to acceleration and handling.

Hope that makes sense!

Jeremy
Yeah, makes sense. I'm going with tubeless foldable tires for now then maybe later in the summer upgrade the wheelset.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Some may argue this, but every aluminum HT I've owned always got a 27.2 carbon post and shim. Huge difference

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jeremy -

What would you qualify as a "good" carbon seatpost? I've seen some inexpensive seatposts on pricepoint, but never pulled the trigger because I didn't think it would make that big of a difference.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm a big fan of the FSA SLK carbon posts. I have two of them right now in use on my personal bikes and have had zero issues with them.

Jeremy

·
Registered
126 Posts
I changed the following on my Goblin in order of FSA Carbon Seatpost and Handlebars..Sun Ringle BF Wheels...the wheels went on first because I bought them local instead of ordering them on line...the carbon really helps dampen some of the bumps and stuff on HTs...the FSA stuff is really good stuff and quality

1 - 12 of 12 Posts