Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team, looking at putting a PIKE on my Spot dropping the AM as I want the maxle and a better balance front and rear A2C a little high, have thought of waiting for 07 Marzocchi with there maxle I'm a real fan but a2c still be high me thinks.

PIKE 454 Dual air UT
I can have an 06 PIKE at reduced price next week!
or
I can have an 07 PIKE the week after, not much price difference!

What to do! I don't think theyre are any major changes
I like the sound of the 360 maxle other than that I'd like bad ass black stauchions and lowers but I think thats in my dreams:rolleyes:

Suggestions!

building wheel with a Hadley gold front hub DT straight gauge and DT 5.1 rim to match my rear?

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
I was under the impression that the '07 RockShox stuff wasn't going to available untill the fall.

I also read that the Pike was basically unchanged for 2007 except for a minor tweaking of the lowers. I don't think the 360 Maxle is that big of a deal though.

How much can you get the 2006 for?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Are you sure the 07 Pikes get the Maxle 360? It would make sense, but I thought that the Pikes were basically unchanged for 07...

Hmmm....

Anyway, I seriously doubt you could mate the AM and Pike parts. I can't imagine the AM uppers would line up with the Pike lowers. If you are successful, we want pics. :)

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dulyebr I was under the impression that the '07 RockShox stuff wasn't going to available untill the fall.

I also read that the Pike was basically unchanged for 2007 except for a minor tweaking of the lowers. I don't think the 360 Maxle is that big of a deal though.

How much can you get the 2006 for?
Yeah also heard same for changes, 360 is a one hand job so I understand which is always nice:thumbsup: Awl did I say that.

Kiwi dollars not all that good around $600 us, 07 around $730US ouch

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure the 07 Pikes get the Maxle 360? It would make sense, but I thought that the Pikes were basically unchanged for 07...

Hmmm....

Anyway, I seriously doubt you could mate the AM and Pike parts. I can't imagine the AM uppers would line up with the Pike lowers. If you are successful, we want pics
Not one hundy sure, hard to get any info on the Pike, I believe there is a Sram conference on at mo, so will here back from rep in a week or so, can't even get pics or color options.

If I decide to give it a go pics for sure, Im sorta keen to try it, I will have a talk with my swede engineer buddy see what he can cook up for me, then it will be the 06 model as the test dummy! Though Im sorta after the simplicity I hope the PIKE will offer, Im sorta over knobs and adjustments.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
the 360 will be sold as an after market to fit the old Pikes as well. A Sram rep told me that.

I played with the Lyrix which is an awesome fork, yet a bit of an overkill for me and yet. Only 300 grams more than a Pike and the 2 Step thingy is fantastic. Right now the build for OEM and it will be on the market for fall with large quantities and that I guess alos applies to the Pike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.