Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Titec

Titec makes an awesome one - I use a 1.5" from last year and love it. They used to be called C3 and now their called Plutos. have to used an oversized (30.8?) stem. Stiff but absorbs chatter well. Took the worst over-the-bar crash of my life last year. Pivioted over the bars while clipped in during a steep downhill transfer from dirt to asphaut - tire caught a rut, forked bottomed, and I went from about 12 mph to zero instantly. Slammed onto rocks and asphault staright onto the bars. When I came to I figured I'd see my first shattered carbon bar. Smashed the face-plate of my stem chipping off chuncks of metal and scratched the bars badly. No bar failure at all - no cracks, breaks, etc. Sent the bars and stem back to Titec to check out and they sent me a new stem (at no cost) and new bars (at a substantial discount). Their on-line sales and customer support are awesome. Get em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.