Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
Yeah man it's hard to say that other forks are stronger WHEN THEY DIDN'T BREAK ON THE EXACT SAME JUMP. If it were 1, yeah bad luck. 2 in the same day, ok this is rampage but thats a little alarming. The 3rd getting bent beyond use...looks like there might be an issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
ccspecialized said:
If he would have had 2 more mm's per stanchion on that hip jump, maybe he would have landed it. The only other guy to land that jump finished 2nd...
Implying the broken fork caused the crash and not the other way around. It sure looked to me like he got his bars turned hard on landing, which in turn broke the fork. If that's the case but the fork hadn't broken, he still would have gone over the bars. But that's just my perspective, I'm sure the video will be analyzed to death as to whether the fork cost him that run :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apparently you guys don't know what a troll is. Also, people seem to think that it's some how not logical to believe that a fork isn't as strong as others when 3 of them fail at a single event. I will never understand you guys. You're either marzocchi fan boys or just completely incapable of drawing logical conclusions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
Yeahp, it's proven. 2010 Zochi's suck. Sell all your 2010 zoch's! Cheap too, cause they break!

Come to think of it, using the same logic, Zochi's can't win races either.

*Waits at classifieds :D

On a lighter note, Goldman and Sorge survived rampage on single crowns. All hail! I should start building some 60ft drops too. But it's kinda strange how logically the 66 is stronger than the 888.
 

·
Yes, that's fonetic
Joined
·
3,893 Posts
Quarashi said:
Yeahp, it's proven. 2010 Zochi's suck. Sell all your 2010 zoch's! Cheap too, cause they break!

Come to think of it, using the same logic, Zochi's can't win races either.

*Waits at classifieds :D

On a lighter note, Goldman and Sorge survived rampage on single crowns. All hail! I should start building some 60ft drops too. But it's kinda strange how logically the 66 is stronger than the 888.
Not sure how you're finding the logic in that, but Robbie B. was sporting a single crown too.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
112 Posts
Right, because...all that are on this forum ride at the level as those that did the Rampage on a regular basis and are running the prototypes that the SPONSORED riders ride...so therefore Marz. can take these forks that didn't hold up and fix the issues before you can get your hands on a 2011 model. Wow...I have a great idea...go ride your bike and STFU. And no I don't ride a zoke. But still have always liked them.
 

·
Moose Member
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Trail-Shredder said:
Right, because...all that are on this forum ride at the level as those that did the Rampage on a regular basis and are running the prototypes that the SPONSORED riders ride...so therefore Marz. can take these forks that didn't hold up and fix the issues before you can get your hands on a 2011 model. Wow...I have a great idea...go ride your bike and STFU. And no I don't ride a zoke. But still have always liked them.
You really should stop liking them, apparently they like blowing up and killing you right in the middle of your nice flat ride around your neighborhood...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,150 Posts
Moosey said:
You really should stop liking them, apparently they like blowing up and killing you right in the middle of your nice flat ride around your neighborhood...
No silly moose thats the crampons and its a tree stump!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Now with More Wood
Joined
·
2,964 Posts
C S said:
Implying the broken fork caused the crash and not the other way around. It sure looked to me like he got his bars turned hard on landing, which in turn broke the fork. If that's the case but the fork hadn't broken, he still would have gone over the bars. But that's just my perspective, I'm sure the video will be analyzed to death as to whether the fork cost him that run :confused:
Agreed - he did NOT put that transfer down the way Gee did. He slammed into that landing as hard as...Gee was smooth as butter.

Not getting into any broken stuff debates - this is Rampage, some dudes are gonna get their lines a bit wrong, and the price to pay for that at this event is exponentially higher than on anything us mortals even consider hitting.
 
1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Top