Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never great to post this kind of stuff, but our friends up at OTE in South Lake had a few bikes rented and never returned to them. This early in the season it's a bummer to see, and with the influx of visitors to the south basin, bike theft is all too common. As many know OTE is a large brand that has shops all over the world. But each location is operates as an independent dealer that is responsible for their own shop. Tahoe is the smallest of the OTE family, and due to their seasonal operations, also the one location that operates on the narrowest margin. This theft really hurts their business. These are great people that are true hardcores, love their customers, and seek help from the Mountain Biking community returning these bikes to their rightful home. They have always treated me with respect, so figured I'd help them post of on the forums. Be on the lookout- Call OTE Tahoe (530) 600-3633

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
That blows. I believe OTE had their some Santa Cruz Heckler stolen last season too. Such a shame. OTE is such an awesome shop. Been there a few times during Tahoe trips and their employees treated my friends and I (newbies at the time) with nothing but curiosity and love.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dang. I am going to Tahoe with a group this week through this weekend. Some guys are renting, and one is supposed to be on a large 5010... Hope they get these bikes back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That doesn't really do much to stop theft like this. CC with a matching electric bill is better but not perfect. 1k is a joke...sounds like a6/7k bike (SC) maybe more w reserve wheels.

Fckn scumbag. Guy like that makes everything difficult for us honest folk. May he feel karma x's 100!!!

Reactions: DMFT

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Yeah, he needs to be beaten with a bag of ducks.

·
Registered
Lone Wolf
2,499 Posts
Hopefully this shop gets something back, either the bikes or insurance money.

Dude who stole them looks like a white trash wanna be bandit with that stupid fucking bandana.

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
Hopefully they get them back. I suggest in the future either holding the person’s license or at least a photocopy. If the renter has an issue, they don’t need to rent.

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,321 Posts
Hopefully they get them back. I suggest in the future either holding the person’s license or at least a photocopy. If the renter has an issue, they don’t need to rent.
The renter had faked info

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Never great to post this kind of stuff, but our friends up at OTE in South Lake had a few bikes rented and never returned to them. This early in the season it's a bummer to see, and with the influx of visitors to the south basin, bike theft is all too common. As many know OTE is a large brand that has shops all over the world. But each location is operates as an independent dealer that is responsible for their own shop. Tahoe is the smallest of the OTE family, and due to their seasonal operations, also the one location that operates on the narrowest margin. This theft really hurts their business. These are great people that are true hardcores, love their customers, and seek help from the Mountain Biking community returning these bikes to their rightful home. They have always treated me with respect, so figured I'd help them post of on the forums. Be on the lookout- Call OTE Tahoe (530) 600-3633
-May the Fleas from a Camels BALLS infest this focking asshole!!! :mad:

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,321 Posts

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,321 Posts
Yep. Claims he bought the bike for $1000 off letgo but had it listed on his PB buy/sell for $5800 prior to him deleting the posting.
Makes ALL of his previous sales on PB, subject to some scrutiny. What a dirtbag!

Reactions: itsky

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
Plus, it looks like this guy lives in a pretty nice house... goes to show that scumbags are everywhere.
The ones in nice houses usually steal in less conspicuous manners.

Not only a scumbag, but a dumb one. As a regular of Pinkbike, even if he bought it off letgo, he knew it was stolen at that price.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Plus, it looks like this guy lives in a pretty nice house... goes to show that scumbags are everywhere.
If he's a Reno native then he may have bought the house 10+ years ago when nice houses were still super cheap. Only in the last handful of years have nice houses actually been worth something there.

Either way, I don't think too highly of people who flip stuff like this to make a quick buck. Rarely do they add anything to society.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts