Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Trek Stache 7 came with SUN Ringle Duroc 50 SL 28-hole, which are i46 I believe. It, of course, came with Bontrager XR2 Team Issue 3.0 tubeless tires.

I am going to need to replace these tires this year and I am trying to consider what I want to change to. I am considering dropping to 2.8 tires but I am not sure they will fit well on the Duroc 50 wheel.

If going down to a 2.8 is not really possible I am going to try to stretch them and pick up a different set of wheels probably in an i35 that would open some tire options for me.

Thoughts on this?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got 2.8s on duroc 50s, but those are studded, so the slightly squarer profile is not unwelcome.

Try it (Coronados are a "popular" choice). Worse that happens is you decide 'no', and put the XR2s back on until you get narrower rims.
Thanks, I had not seen those before. I like the tread pattern as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I sent Teravail a message asking when this might be available. I heard back today and they said they were shipping them to distributors/bike shops in the next few weeks. I got one of the shops that was slated to get a large shipment of them (Gila Bike and Hike - Gila Hike & Bike) and they actually still had 4 in stock.

So I got a set on order. Pretty happy about that and these look like they will fit the bill for my type of riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.