Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Lars
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

Anyone running 2.6 tires on the 2019> Canyon Neuron AL 29"

I think it would work in front, as the stock 2.35 Nobby Nick's have great clearance, it's the rear i'm worried about.

Canyon spec's the bike to 2.4 max.

I have no issues running a wider tire only in front, but would be great to hear from you if anyone have tried different tyre-sizes on the 29" Neuron AL 馃檪

Wishing for magic mary in 29x2.6

Cheers 馃檪

Lars
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, but only up front, magic mary 2.6 fits perfectly, and such a nice tyre, tons of grip.
Stock Nobby Nick in the back, 2.35, but I'm kind of happy with the combo, it works well for me 馃檪

Registered
Hi Lekelars - Looks like a nice bike but I could never get an answer from Canyon on Bottom Bracket height for the Neuron. The short and quick questions I have for you is: Are you getting any excessive pedal strikes with the Neuron? are you having to take care not to get pedal strikes in tougher terrain? thanks!

Lars
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Lekelars - Looks like a nice bike but I could never get an answer from Canyon on Bottom Bracket height for the Neuron. The short and quick questions I have for you is: Are you getting any excessive pedal strikes with the Neuron? are you having to take care not to get pedal strikes in tougher terrain? thanks!
Hello Starre, and sorry for my late response.

Short answer is yes, i do get some pedal-strikes, (and need to keep this in mind while riding) and the RaceFace Chester pedals are really getting it sometimes, but holds up nicely :thumbsup:

I have reduced sag in the rear to gain som height, and the wider front tire is theoretical higer, and it feels better now.
This wasn't a problem with my old kona bike, but alt has changed since 2008....
But still, the Neuron feels super-stabile compared to the old Kona full susp. bike.

Registered
Hello Starre, and sorry for my late response.

Short answer is yes, i do get some pedal-strikes, (and need to keep this in mind while riding) and the RaceFace Chester pedals are really getting it sometimes, but holds up nicely :thumbsup:

I have reduced sag in the rear to gain som height, and the wider front tire is theoretical higer, and it feels better now.
This wasn't a problem with my old kona bike, but alt has changed since 2008....
But still, the Neuron feels super-stabile compared to the old Kona full susp. bike.
Thanks! You can possibly try 170 mm cranks and see if that doesn't help a bit. Enjoy!

Registered
Has anyone else tried 2.6 tires in the back? I am considering a 27.5 wheelset with Ice Spiker 2.6" studded tires for winter riding.

Registered
Has anyone else tried 2.6 tires in the back? I am considering a 27.5 wheelset with Ice Spiker 2.6" studded tires for winter riding.
Did you test the wider tire on the back? I'm thinking about winter riding as well (in the hills) and hoping to hear if you were able to make it work.

Planing on putting 2.6inch in the front and depending on the sizing, I'd put 2.6inch (hopefully) to the back and if it doesnt fit, then maybe 2.5. Thanks.

Registered
Hi, I installed 29x 2,6" Vittoria's Mezcal III's to the backwheel as well (they were reasonably priced and looked good enough) and they fit well! I have the carbon version, but would imagine they fit AL as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.