Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the Weiwolf a couple weeks ago off price-point for cheap. I was pretty pumped to have a FAT tire for pushing through snow. I was a little disappointed when I got it, and at it's absolute widest, it maybe measures 2.2". It's still a great tire and I like it, they just need to learn how to measure at WTB... and yea, I'm sure it'll fit your way better bike than mine!

·
Registered
529 Posts
sevenboarder, Racing Ralph 2.4 on a wide rim and low pressure is the ticket for float on snow.

I run my 2.4 RRs tubeless on a Flow rim @ 10 psi. To get to a proper/useable 10 psi I make sure bike sits outside for a bit so that the air inside the tire cools and then I use a digital gauge.

With that kind of tire/rim width & pressures I'm able to night ride up ski hills after the lifts close. Super fun! :thumbsup:

·
Rider and Wrench
1,478 Posts
sevenboarder said:
I ordered the Weiwolf a couple weeks ago off price-point for cheap. I was pretty pumped to have a FAT tire for pushing through snow. I was a little disappointed when I got it, and at it's absolute widest, it maybe measures 2.2". It's still a great tire and I like it, they just need to learn how to measure at WTB... and yea, I'm sure it'll fit your way better bike than mine!
wow 2.2? while I would agree 2.55 is a bit of a stretch I am running them on a pretty narrow rim (23.5mm) and they are about 2.3 to 2.35's- larger than a 2.25 Ardent, 2.4 MK, and about the same size as Stout 2.3 and 2.3 Rampage on the same wheels- Give it the old too much pressure for a few days and see if it "grows"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
fritZman, thanks for the recommendation... might have to look into that tire. Thats some pretty serious traction if you can get up the slopes!

knottshore, yea, i actually measured it with a caliper to be exactly 2.18", i might have to try stretching, I've only run them low pressure. Don't know when I'll do it though... that'd be pretty damn slippery on the ice.

Anyone try the WTB Dissent 29" posted at 2.5"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.