Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a 2.4 or larger tire on the bird. Any issues. Looks like there's plenty of room.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Really depends on who's measurement you use (a Maxxis 2.5 is closer in size to a Geax 2.3). I've run 2.5 Highrollers with no issues as well as Nevegals and Geax Neurons.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Running a 2.4 nobby nic, which has a 2.35 casing, larger than most "2.4" tires. With the nobby nic the casing is actually wider than the knobs. Anyway, there's about .4 inches of clearance to the side and vertically, so you could probably go as large as 2.7 and still have 1/4 inch clearance.

·
too late to die young now
342 Posts
i was running a 2.5 Nevegal over the summer for weekends in Downieville, no probs ... looked like it could take a 2.6 without a problem.

ps - also ran a 2.5 Dissent up front, nice pairing!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
I've run 2.4" Conti Rubber Queens on the front and rear. They fit.:thumbsup:
If those fit, most other 2.6's should fit! I have 2.35 Nevegals on now with miles of room, had a 2.4 Mountain King on there no problem but that's a pinner 2.4. I'm probably going to put a set of 2.5 Maxxis Highroller's on next and if they don't fit, I'll let you guys know.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.

Thinking 2.5 Wikid will front and a 2.4 Racing ralph rear for next season.
well at least till they wear out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.