Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading from OR to Utah, want to stop along the way for a 2-3 hour ride. Was thinking Boise area, but am open to someplace else. Just don't want to wander too far from the Highway.

I did do some digging in the forums back a few pages and found a few options. Open to opinions or other ideas

Bogus loop:
trailforks.com/route/bogus-basin-atmeastside-loop/

Near Military:
strava.com/activities/3780966336?share_sig=E18C6CDC1595446076&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_share
Alternate:

Thanks for any input

· Registered
146 Posts
I hope you haven't already passed through but here's my suggestions for the Boise area. The Eastside loop near Bogus is excellent but is quite a ways from I-84. You'd have to negotiate downtown then up the very windy Bogus rd. to about mile 12.5. That's the start for an out and back on New Freddie's Rock trail to Eastside instead of the loop. It's about 18 miles all single track and no cars to deal with!

The Military Reserve ride I'd recommend is 5 Mile Gulch to Watchman to Three Bears to Shane's. It's about 15-16 miles. You could also check out my favorite route starting at Camelsback Park. Owl's Roost to Kestrel to Crestline to Sidewinder to Fat Tire Traverse and back the same way. On an odd # calendar day you could go down Lower Hull's Gulch after descending Sidewinder with no uphill traffic. That's about 13-15 miles. Hopefully it won't be smoky when you cruise through!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.