Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
can you post any pics up of the new shock fully compressed without a spring to show us the clearance etc? im mildly considering the same thing so i'd love to know how its worked out :)

·
CURB HUCK!!!!!!
492 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
You've got to check that the front derailleur doesn't hit the chainstay when you cycle through the travel.
yea i think it's going to hit, you'll probably have to convert to a single front chainring
just mount it on the frame without the coil or air and cycle it and pray it doesn't come in contact with the seat tube or seat clamp etc

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
even if it does you can mod the roco so that it wont go all the way through its 57mm of shock stroke.

another guy fitted a shock with a longer stroke and had some problems, but to fix them he simply fitted some plumbing washers onto the shock under the bottom out bumper.

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
A friend of mine's been running a 2.25" stroke shock on a '05 Coiler for over a year now without problems.I did have to move the front derraileur up a bit to prevent it hitting the swingarm.

Marko

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.