Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
As far as I know, the FLY and Mono can only run a Curnutt. I called Foes a few months ago. No reason to get all nasty. Lots of people dont like the Curnutt.... lots. I know of a few locals that dont ride Foes anymore for the same reason.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
HAs anybody actually seen or ridden a '08 Fox Foes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd be interested too.
Anyone seen a Fox equipped 2:1, perhaps any riding reports.
Here in Germany it`s so difficult to get infos about a Foes.
I have to decide to get another Santacruz Heckler .5 :thumbsup: or get a bit heavier with a Foes 2:1 DHXAir.:confused:

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Also, on this side of the Atlantic (Europe), getting a Fox serviced is no big deal but finding somebody who is familiar with Curnutts might not be so easy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok old thread revival. I just bought a 2008 Foes FXR frame with the Ti spring Curnutt shock and Fox 36 Talus fork. Its in really good shape. I need to build the rest of the bike. New photo by Cory Johnson

So if I cant find a good PSI starting point or set up for the Curnutt or get it to work correctly, what Fox rear shock Model etc should I be looking for to replace the curnutt. I know this is almost vintage stuff but any help would be great. FYI im 5'11" 220 plus pack and helmet, shoes etc.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The 2:1 FXR can be used with Fox, in fact it's an option. How do you know that the new 08 Fly will be Curnutt only? It seems like you hate both Foes and Curnutt, why not move on to something else you like and quit hating?
My first gen Fly came with a Fox coil that had a rod eye extension to make the AOL. I later installed a Romic.(Just as dead as Curnutt) and it now sit's without being used. It was 10.5 lbs originally but after it cracked Foes replaced it with an 11 Lbs frame. Still rode great but now it's almost impossible to locate a 1 1/8th straight steer tube fork so.... wall hanger?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok old thread revival. I just bought a 2008 Foes FXR frame with the Ti spring Curnutt shock and Fox 36 Talus fork. Its in really good shape. I need to build the rest of the bike. New photo by Cory Johnson

So if I cant find a good PSI starting point or set up for the Curnutt or get it to work correctly, what Fox rear shock Model etc should I be looking for to replace the curnutt. I know this is almost vintage stuff but any help would be great. FYI im 5'11" 220 plus pack and helmet, shoes etc.
bump

edit: Foes responded to me via email saying the Curnutt coil over should be set at 75 PSI. "The air pressure on the coil over Curnutt shock should be set at 75
pounds. This has nothing to do with your weight. It's just controlling
an internal valve. Sag, compression and rebound is adjusted with the
preload on the spring and external controls. This should get you going."

I should have it finished today (complete build) and get a ride on it tomorrow. Ill start at the 75 psi as recommended. But another Fox air shock option would be nice.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts