Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, I'm lookin' for a new rear tire for my FS/XC gearie that will only fit a 2.1 - 2.2 tire. Conditions around here (Boise) are mostly dry, sandy over hardpack, loose, with some rocks. I've run a Panaracer Fire XC for years, but I'm looking for something with more volume. Just wore out a Conti Vertical Pro in a mere 3 months, and I didn't really like it once it started to get some wear - absolutely no lateral hold whatsoever after 2 months. I was all set to get the Kenda Nevegal, but it doesn't look like they make one in a 2.1. (I'll be getting the 2.35 Nevegal as the rear for my SS.) Is there a consensus 2.1 to 2.2 rear tire for high desert conditions? I'm currently running Stans, but probably going back to tubes. Many thanks.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Kenda makes both the Nevegal & Blue Groove in 2.1.

I'm on the CO front range and conditions sound very similar.

Recently put a 2.35 BG on the front and a 2.1 Nev on the rear and this combo rocks. Best I've tried thus far. Kenda is releasing UST versions of both tires in 2.1 this fall.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kenda's website - no 2.1 Nevegal

The Squeaky Wheel said:
Kenda makes both the Nevegal & Blue Groove in 2.1.

I'm on the CO front range and conditions sound very similar.

Recently put a 2.35 BG on the front and a 2.1 Nev on the rear and this combo rocks. Best I've tried thus far. Kenda is releasing UST versions of both tires in 2.1 this fall.
You guys seem to both be right - I found at least two online stores that carry the 2.1 Nevegal, but Kenda's website does not list a 2.1 Nevegal. Is the 2.1 a discontinued size?

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm an idiot

The Squeaky Wheel said:
No. I just got mine this week and Larry at Mtn High Cyclery has them arriving in bunches.
It's on Kenda's website under the "Tomac Signature Series" section. I was looking under cross country and freeride. My bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.