Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chain drop is still an issue with my 1x9 set up in fast rocky terrain. If the tear end is chattering, the chain is dropping. I am running n gear jump stop/bashguard, Truvativ SS cranks, Sram x7, sram chain. I have removed links to make the chain tigh as possible. How far can I safely push the X7 in order to use my 32/34 gear?

Thanks,

Mike B

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
That seems odd. I wonder if your spring is shot on the rear mech. I ride a 1x9 with a 29t front ring with Jumpstop but no basher and haven't lost a chain yet. I didn't lose them with a basher either.

HT or FS? If FS, the chain may be getting too slack under compression.

Your next option is a Rohloff chainguide:

G

·
brandt...

i don't know about the sram/truvativ setup, but my shimano mid cage RD's and XT crank setups don't drop the chain much at all.

try setting the N-gear a little differently. chances are you have it too low or not close enough to the chain. (assuming you are dropping the chain to the inside)

sorry to hear you are having issues with this setup. i run it on both my HT Niner and my Specialized Enduro.

BTW.. chain drops on the Enduro went to ZERO after getting the Xtralite 30T middle ring (requires modification to the crankset) and i REALLY ride that thing HARD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.