Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I went from Sram X9 1x10 to Xt M8000 1x11.

I hate the xt shifter, much prefered the sram shifter. Is is possible to pair a sram 1x11 shifter with the xt derailleur, do they both have the same pull ratio?

·
Positively negative
2,286 Posts
You may attempt contacting Jtek to see if they have a Shiftmate for this combination. I didn't see it listed on their website but these are fairly new parts so they may as yet been untested.

Though it may be a better option to simply sell your Shimano parts and replace them with a Sram system.

·
NedwannaB
12,567 Posts
About a month ago I went from Sram X9 1x10 to Xt M8000 1x11.

I hate the xt shifter, much prefered the sram shifter. Is is possible to pair a sram 1x11 shifter with the xt derailleur, do they both have the same pull ratio?
Ditto above. You can still use the xt cassette, but why mix-match when you can get the 10 cog on the SRAM cassette.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Argh, was afraid of that. Will give it another month to see if I can get used to them. The xd driver is what kept me away from Sram. I have two sets of wheels, don't want to have to get two xd drivers.

·
b a n n e d
6,361 Posts
You can use SRAM RD + SRAM shifter with a Shimano 11-42 cassette. This will save money as a first step as you won't need a new driver and cassette.
I think the point is the dislike of the SRAM shifter, so not sure if this will help the OP.

Its funny . . . I have an X01 11spd drivetrain and am coming from an XT drivetrain, and I hate the SRAM shifter. I really miss my double-click downshifts.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its funny . . . I have an X01 11spd drivetrain and am coming from an XT drivetrain, and I hate the SRAM shifter. I really miss my double-click downshifts.
Agreed, it's funny how you get used to things. I must admit that I like the the double click upshifts. Derailleur's clutch works well too. I had to add a top guide with the sram as I would often drop the chain. Issue doesn't seem to be there with the XT derailleur.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gripshift (or SRAM 11 speed shifter) with Shimano Derailleur

I was curious about this after reading a blog from Art's Cyclery about all the different shifter and derailleur pull ratios etc.

Here is the article (pay attention to the second table that shows that the ratios between SRAM 11 speed and Shimano 11 speed are actually closer than between Shimano 10 Speed and Shimano 11 speed which is confirmed to work).

http://blog.artscyclery.com/science-...compatibility/

Generally in the past they have been so different that they were not compatible (9-10 speed).

Now people have confirmed that using a 10 speed shimano shifter works just fine with an 11 speed shimano derailleur and 10 speed cassette (I'm currently running this now and it works great).

According to the article, the cable pull ratios are very slightly off between 10 and 11 speed Shimano, but it works just fine.

Then looking at the ratios between SRAM 11 speed and Shimano 11 speed, they are very very close also, if 10 speed works than 11 speed SRAM should work too.

So I tried it. I hooked it up on the bike stand on a bike equipped with Sram XO1 11speed.

I used a SRAM GX Gripshift 11 spd, Shimano m9000 XTR GS(medium cage) derailleur, SRAM 10-42 cassette. It worked just fine. I did not ride it however, so I would not say it is 100% confirmed, but I am willing to bet it will work just fine.

If you have Shimano 11 speed and prefer Gripshift (I do) or Sram shifters, I would say give it a try (you can get a GX 11 speed rear for about $40).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sram 11 spd shifters work fine with shimano 11 spd derailleurs
Yes that's true, on 11sp 3.9mm pitch Sram/Shimano/SunRace etc. cassettes mixing 11 speed Shimano and Sram derauliers/shifters works perfectly and if somebody claim's that's not possible, it's only marketing.

11sp. Shim shifter & 11sp. Sram deraulier: 3.6x1.12= 4,03mm per one click
11sp. Sram shifter & 11sp. Shim deraulier: 3.5x1.1= 3,85mm per one click

Watch this videos as argument:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.