Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

i just bought a Race Face narrow wide chainring for my bike and when I installed it on my Truvativ Stylo crank there is a gap between the spider arm posts and the posts on the chainring. I would think that this isn't okay because all of the load is placed on the bolts, can anyone verify this?

thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey all,

i just bought a Race Face narrow wide chainring for my bike and when I installed it on my Truvativ Stylo crank there is a gap between the spider arm posts and the posts on the chainring. I would think that this isn't okay because all of the load is placed on the bolts, can anyone verify this?

thanks

I installed one of those on my bike last week. It should fit just like any other chain ring. There should be no gaps.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
If it's the 30T chainring it's designed that way. Otherwise the crank spider would interfere with the chain.

If you mean the chainring "ears" don't fit tightly against the ridges on the spider that's not a problem. Some cranks don't even have those ridges anymore. As you say, the bolts do the work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts