Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree, any of the XC Marzocchi's are awesome. They last forever if you change the oil regularly and are easy to replace bushings and seals. They can be a bit heavy but-- light, inexpensive, durable-- pick two." Look for a deal on an '05 MX Comp or Pro from one of the big, online stores rather than buying used. I know how I use my stuff and I wouldn't want anyone else riding on it. If you're into the light weights, you can find a SID Race pretty cheap and they're under 3lbs. My biggest issue with the SID is that you get almost as much suspension from fork wag as you do compression. The dream fork is a Fox Terra Logic because it's rigid until you need it. It will, however, cost about as much as the rest of the bike. Happy Trails!

·
Upgrade Addict
240 Posts
How about 100mm?

I just got a good deal on a 2005 Manitou Minute 2 at 100mm. I am hoping the extra 20mm wont throw off the handling too much. My experience on other bikes is that it wasn't that big of a deal. I have been running my 1x1 rigid for several months and I want to try it out with the suspension fork for a while. I figure the SPV of this fork will be good for the out of the saddle efforts. Anyone else running 100mm on theirs?

By the way... the Minute 2 is only 3.4lbs. Not bad.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ride a revelation u-turn on my 1x1. I know that some people don't like the idea of 100mm on this frame, but I love it. I keep it at 100 for climbing and fireroad descents, but crank it up to 115-120 for technical stuff. With the sag set up properly, it rides at about 85mm for me, so the geometry is almost the same as with a shorter fork, but this fork can still handle some drops and jumps that a super-lightweight short-travel XC fork can't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.