Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can go the cheaper way and get a 1x chainring that fits the cranks on the bike. It’ll get the job done, but might look a bit rubbish

To do a properly
1) threaded bottom bracket 68/73 with appropriate spacers
2) Crankset that fits your bottom bracket type (hollow tech, sram gxp, sram dub, 30mm)
3) chainring for your rear hub spacing (135, 142, or 148)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I guess its a BSA68 bottom bracket and a 52mm chainline and 135mm rear hub.

ROTOR for example has 1x cranks, axle, bottom bracket and spacers which would get you the 52mm chainline. Its not too hard to figure out what to get. They apparently have chainrings which are compatible with all chain standards too.

Same for other brands. Generally they have a spec/info sheet for compatibility, from which you can select the parts to match your drivetrain (i.e. 135, 52mm, BSA68).

Then, perhaps you can find a 11 speed cassette which works with your hub, and with that you would need a new shifter and rear-mech. Oh, and a chain!

There are often "upgrade" sets which include many of these parts.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sort of depends on what drivetrain you currently have also. Some existing parts may be compatible, others not. You may be able to do it on the cheap, or buy the complete set-up. Also, you may need a new freehub depending on your current set-up. So what do you have? SRAM? Shimano? Mixed? Is it 3x9, 2x10?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.