Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1up rack aluminum piece that was attached to the main 1 1/4 inch hitch detached yesterday.
was this piece glued together to main hitch to make it 1/2 inch hitch?

did I lose a screw ?

·
Registered
6,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the issue is this is not a socket head---it is an allen head-----you cannot get a socket on that bolt to tighten---the hole in the part is not big enough----could drill it out I guess but I'd get the proper allen bolt

·
Registered
867 Posts
Any good hardware store should have a ... hardware section! But you can find a 'fastener' store.

I have whatever the local store carried available qty 1. Yeah, it's the wrong type as it's all rusty. But it shouldn't have any real force on it, I don't think.

(Then again I'm one of the many ppl whose 1up loosens on rough roads. But it did that in 1 1/4 mode too.)

pctloper: it's a socket *head* screw. not a bolt head (or hex head). you use an allen key with it. see photo in amazon link above.

neat little set of charts. looks like they also sell in quantity 1 so if you need a few things, order here or somewhere similar? https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/Default.aspx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.