Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's maybe a little late but anyway:
bought a surly km frame/fork 20" & I'm 1.86 meter with insem leg of 93 cm and 74 cm arm length [weight about 95 kilo], have I bought the right frame size or should I take the 18" size?

10x

Ariel

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Standover height on the 20" is right around 84cm so you've got 9cm to play with. At your height (approx 6' 1 or 2"), you'll be ok.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Should work fine for you, but if your measurements are correct (and I converted them right) then you'll have some post showing (about 6") and prob use a 120-140mm stem - not sure how you measure arm length, but my total arm span is 6'3". I'm 6'2.25" w/ a 35.25" inseam and have the same size KM and run a setback post with about showing and use a 140mm stem. I originally got the 140mm stem because I had bought a hug sweep bar to try and it just brough everything back too much, but I've since gone back to a normal bar, but kept the 140mm stem - I prob could go for a 130mm.

·
Jacob 34:19
513 Posts
You did good.

I'm 6'2" with a 34.25" inseam on a 20" monkey and it fits great. The 18" would have been too small for you. I'm running a 120mm stem and a Thomson layback post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.