Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might even have been longer since I threw my leg over the Sultan but all this rain we've had has me delirious. I used today as a travel day from my business trip and managed to get home around 1:00 and was not going into the office because it was 55 and sunny. My bike had been sitting in the basement gathering dust and I really wanted to get out and test ride the new I9's and try out this sweet GoPro camera the wifey and kids got me for xmas.

I threw the suitcase in my room, suited up and grabbed the bike for the drive to the trailhead. I spent a good bit of time getting the camera ready for a great POV for all the video I was going to shoot, aired up the tires and the shocks then hit the trails. I stopped to glance at the map to plan a route trying to stay high on the mountain since we have had so much rain and avoid the really muddy stuff.

I hit the warm-up trail before getting to the spot I wanted to start shooting the vids. The dirt was tackilicious providing great grip with just a bit of drift on the wet leaves in the corners. I got to the start of the planned vid zone and clicked the power button on the camera and took off. When I reached the bottom, after waht I felt was a great run, I went to turn the camera off and the power light was already off. Huh, wierd! I clicked it and it popped on again but then went off just as quickly. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I guess rechargeable AAA batteries don't hold a charge sitting on a dresser for a 2 week period. NO VIDEO, No Pics no nothing!!!!!!!!!! It was still a great ride and I will be trying to sneek in another before the predicted rains begin tomorrow afternoon.

·
Dishwasher Safe
1,253 Posts
I had similar thing happen to me. I mounted my P&S camera to my bars and rode a 5 minute, fast, rocky descent. Other than having it pointed too low, it worked flawlessly. On the second try I went down a rather steep trail, I started to lose it at a particularly steep section and started flat-tracking it (on a straight), dragging my right foot like an anchor while the back of the bike was trying to pass the front. I'm braking as hard as I can but just not slowing down at all. I ultimately high-side and go tumbling down the hill and into the brush, laughing hysterically the whole way!!! I run back up to the bike to check the video and NOTHING! Somehow it shut off shortly after I started. Totally bummed...

I've tried a couple times since and as I soon as I get to any fast rocky descents it shuts off.

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
deadbolt said:
I've tried a couple times since and as I soon as I get to any fast rocky descents it shuts off.
It's probably the battery losing contact. It may be worth a try to put a little spring between the terminal an the battery. :thumbsup:

_MK

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I even bought "special" 1000 mAh NiMh rechargeables and the matching charger. Juicing up the 2nd pair for another try tomorrow.

Also, I9 + 29'r = Rule!!!

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
SSINGA said:
I even bought "special" 1000 mAh NiMh rechargeables and the matching charger. Juicing up the 2nd pair for another try tomorrow.

Also, I9 + 29'r = Rule!!!
I just checked the radar and it looks like we will miss the first front coming through and should be able get in a ride. Do I need to bring som extra batteries? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.