Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site and I thought I would introduce my self and share with you my first ride, although a short one it was awesome.

Life begins at Forty, as my father and his friends used to tell me, so rather than going out and buying a fancy red sports car, I bought a Trek.

Got if from the shop Monday night and rather going for a morning run yesterday I headed out for the State Forest across from where I live.

Early morning due covering the trees and a crisp 34 degrees felt great. But, wow, this is so different from running. The forest road starts a gradual climb from 300 feet to 580 feet (I know that's just a mosquito bite but this is Connecticut). At the last steep incline before the summit, I blew it and was in too low of a gear and could not get any traction midway through and had to walk. :eek:

Then I started down hill and man what a blast that was! It was like shredden! The forest tooks some turns and dips, had to jump a stream and then I was spit out on the main road. Awesome!

Can't wait to do it again and again and again.

RmR

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
It's always exciting and scary the first time, isn't it? ;) Sorry it took you so long to lose your riding virginity, but now you get to make up for lost time!

As for the other comments, are you guys kidding? Given the choice between a ride that lasts two hours or a ride that last two minutes......... :rolleyes:

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Christine said:
As for the other comments, are you guys kidding? Given the choice between a ride that lasts two hours or a ride that last two minutes......... :rolleyes:
I thought it was all about the pre-ride activities with you wimmen!

Sounds like you and "ragamuffin" both need to find new riding buddies.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My first ride was EXACTLY like my first sexual experience:
It didn't last nearly as long as I expected it to
When it ended, I had a sh!t-eating Grin on my face
I slept like a baby shortly after
and the next day I couldn't wait to tell all my friends about it....

Welcome to a fun sport, with a lot of fun and interesting (and opiniated) people.

I hope you continue to enjoy for a long time, it sounds like you are a natural (with the bikes, that is... :) )

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Oh yeah.. :)

I can see it now... first the Trek, then...better tires, better seat, shoes, nicks, shirts, lights, bars, stem, seatpole, pedals... then...new bike, better tires, better seat...etc..etc.. :)

Welcome to the Insanity.. :)

R.

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
yes

Rainman said:
Oh yeah.. :)

I can see it now... first the Trek, then...better tires, better seat, shoes, nicks, shirts, lights, bars, stem, seatpole, pedals... then...new bike, better tires, better seat...etc..etc.. :)

Welcome to the Insanity.. :)

R.
VERY well put. I do think, however, that "insanity" and "lifestyle" can be interchcngeable....

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
First ride is not better than sex, just foreplay !

I wouldn't compare first ride better than sex. First ride is great. It takes several best rides to be better than sex. Nothing can compare to sex. :p

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
wellll.....

Picard said:
I wouldn't compare first ride better than sex. First ride is great. It takes several best rides to be better than sex. Nothing can compare to sex. :p
....there was this three-year stretch in San Quinten.....

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Welcome....

Fellow Connecticutian (awkward!) here. What part of the state are you in? I'm in the Northeastern part. Do a search on my handle and you'll see some of the great stuff CT has to offer from a MTB perspective.

John

·
Registered
204 Posts
FYI: The sports car might have been cheaper =)

jk - welcome to the clan. Stabbed yourself with the chainring yet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.