Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rider
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally left the little wheels at home and raced a 29er. I new the conditions were going to be a mess at best and figured I'd bank on the 29er for traction. I've been sitting on a Dos Niner frame for a month and haven't finished the build (what's up with me being lazy?) so my Asylum was called up to duty. I built this bike as my trail bike without race in mind. I still have the Marz anchor on and need to get my Reba installed but what the heck. Oh yeah, it was a mudfest! The 29er traction was a bonus but the Kenda's didn't throw mud at all and flat out sucked in the mud!! I was sorry I took the Mythos off. I used to ride Hutchinson Mosquitos on the little wheel in mud. If I had a better mud tire combined with the 29" wheels it would have been the sh*t. All in all I was happy on the 29er vs. the little wheels. Might have been a break through moment for me, little wheels retired?!

Here's a pic of the Asylum mud mobile and another of me in 29er bliss (with the no traction guy behind me walking)!

Attachments

·
rider
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OneGearGuy said:
cool report, swam.
where were you racing?
The race was in Granogue, Delaware - called "Escape from Granogue". It's part of the 13 race Mid Atlantic Super Series (MASS). There's also a series within the series for SS only for the Delaware Valley Single Speed Championship. Fantastic race course on private estate property so you only get to ride there once a year which sucks but makes the race even more special.

Here's the escape in "Escape from Granogue":

Attachments

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
with the big TITUS sticker on the downtube, and the Aslym on the TT, i'm a little confused.

Is that a straight Aslysm, and you played musical stickers? (which is what I personally would do). Did the goat provide the stickering?

Or did you get a Ti Titus, have it painted, and add the Aslysm sticker to the TT?

How was the mud clearance on the rear seatstay brace?

·
rider
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ncj01 said:
with the big TITUS sticker on the downtube, and the Aslym on the TT, i'm a little confused.

Is that a straight Aslysm, and you played musical stickers? (which is what I personally would do). Did the goat provide the stickering?

Or did you get a Ti Titus, have it painted, and add the Aslysm sticker to the TT?

How was the mud clearance on the rear seatstay brace?
Its' an Asylum. I threw the advertising out to both Titus and Speedgoat. The frame comes in a Titus box w/ Titus manual and Titus warranty card so it's a Titus (built for Speedgoat). The Asylum sticker set comes with the bike and you can put them on if you choose. Titus sent me their sticker set and headbadge for a fee.

As far as mud clearance, I did have to scoop it out both seatstay and chainstay area once during the race when the tires were rubbing. It was an extremely muddy ride though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.