Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MB3 on Sunday, October 5th. Meet 9.30 am, rolling at 10 am.

Meeting at Golden Gate Bridge (NW parking lot) here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...82098&sspn=0.001936,0.003455&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Golden Gate Bridge -> Marin Brewing Co. route through Headlands, Mt. Tam and ending at Brew Co. Along the way we will be stopping to sample beer(s) at various locations:

• Mt. Home Inn, Mt. Tam - pint after redwood lined singletrack and in time for the final push
  • Marin Brewing Company - more pints and a ferry (or bike) ride home
  • One or two other stops

Sociable ride/pace. Do not need to be a drinker or drink. Bring some beer in tow on the ride (I will!). More info. on similar route below.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I may just be up for this. Finally, I will be able to prove that I actually exist.

Mind you, I' be packing 6.4. Inches, that is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ill be doing the XTERRA up in Tahoe.... I miss all the fun stuff...

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dsnow you will dig it been done by a lot of people of varied skill level. Plus some of us will be pushing it on SS.

Paging grahh!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Hmmm

If I'm not too wiped out from flying back from the UK and working three days in an office (first time in six years) I may join you. Don't forget a few cans of IPA for in between bars.

·
Fragile
253 Posts
Any guesstimates on the stats for this ride? I might like to do it with my fiance. . .sounds fun!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
d'oh, the 4th is a bad date for me. Would do the 5th or the next version of this ride.

re the SS, I think I am going to enjoy a derailleur until it starts raining again.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
I'll hope to make it. As usual I won't know until the date draws nigh.

baycat said:
** Plim can you write me a legal release thingy that exonerates me
You got it:

Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, And Indemnity Agreement ("Agreement")

IN CONSIDERATION of my presence being tolerated at this awesome ride and beer bust and of me not being chased off with u-locks and pelted with water bottles I, for myself, heirs, executors, administrator, successors and assigns, waive, release and discharge all claims for damages resulting from death, Stans explosion, personal injury, skunked beer, or property damage which I may, and almost certainly will because mountain biking is hella crazy dangerous, have, or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in this event. I am an adult and make my own choices and there's no reason to blame others for what I decided to do. If I or anyone connected to me tries to sue, I (or other plaintiff) agree to live a joyless, beerless existence forevermore and/or to be exiled to the giant floating island of garbage somewhere in the Pacific, in addition to being laughed out of court. I further understand that Plim has nothing to do with this ride and may not even show up, so if anyone gets sued it'll be Baycat 'cause he's a punk and deserves to have his pants sued off.

baycat said:
*** Bring a SS you can carry more beer. I will!
No!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for working your word smith magic.

Raf we can always do a smaller ride next time, and just ride to Gestalt.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
uh-oh, guess I am committed to the ride now.. Not sure how much beer I will be able to consume during the ride since I will likely have a hangover at the start.

Now you can party it up with us on saturday too!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Count me IN

I am IN. I was not sure, in fear of the distance but a few of us did A 5:20 Total time and 4:10 moving time ride pretty recent. We rode from Java Hut to Muir Beach and back while going up and down on Elderidge. Seems to be pretty close? Anyway where is the START.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts