Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing out my new Gimbal and go pro set up. I am still trying to dial things in a bit. I need to attach the Dead cat to the microphone better. I think it looks really good. This is my first time using it so I want to wait to give my opinions on it. Let me know what you think of the video quality, Stabilization, Sound, Angle Etc.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
What camera and gimbal are you set up with?

The first time I used a Gimbal I couldn't believe the result. Finally, after years of owning a GoPro, I could watch back the footage. LOL

And now we're going backwards by using mediocre in camera stabilization. Ugh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What camera and gimbal are you set up with?

The first time I used a Gimbal I couldn't believe the result. Finally, after years of owning a GoPro, I could watch back the footage. LOL

And now we're going backwards by using mediocre in camera stabilization. Ugh.
This is shot with the Evo SS wearable Gimbal and a Go Pro 4 Black. I am very impressed with the results. I Have was using the 7 Black with the electronic image stabilization. I agree that it is no where as good as a gimbal and go pro for quality. That said I can film with the 7 in wet/rainy conditions. They both are good to have but the gimbal video will stand the test of time I think.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have the SS and Hero 2 but have borrowed a Hero4. Passed up too many opportunity on the Hero 4, hoping the 6 or 7 would work. Now can't find a Hero4 (new). Evo says the EVO SS isn't compatible with the DJI Osmo Action so I guess I'm stuck with the Hero2 forever. ha

I think the new cameras have a place. I'd use it for my dirt bike rides so I don't risk Gimbal damage and the quality is good enough for that. Or various other things. They would make a better vacation camera than using the gimbal. hah

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.