Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Friday June 26

Ladies Day! - Sue Haywood will lead a women’s tour and do on trail skills building. We will leave from Blackwater Bikes at 10 am and ride on the Canaan Valley Institute’s beautiful property in Davis. These trails have a mix of open grassy meadows, singletrack in the woods and the famous “moonrock”. This is geared towards the intermediate rider who wants to try more technical terrain in a fun, supportive atmosphere. Trailside Lunch is provided.

To sign up for the ladies ride or for more info [email protected] or call blackwater bikes in davis.

Saturday June 27

Group Trail Rides starting at 9-10ish AM out of Blackwater Bikes .

Organized Rides*

Hardcore- This ride is long and hard, but oh so fun. Ride a mix of the toughest trails on Canaan Mt. Bring your lunch pale. (with lunch in it)
Intermetzo- Not as long or as tough, but really good trail riding.
Ultimate Fitness Ride- Camp 70 up to Beardon’s Knob, Canaan Loop Road, 244 up Blackwater Canyon. No singletrack, but lots of miles.
State Championship Loop -Be a champ, ride the moonrocks, but at a pleasure pace.
Nice and Easy- Camp 70 flat loop along the Blackwater River.
Olsen Tower- Climb up to the tower for an awesome view
Night Ride on State Championship Course- You are a vampire and only come out at night.
Ride Downhill at Timberline Four Season Resort on your own for gravity fed fun.

*(may change due to trail conditions)

Donation to Tucker Country Trails Club requested of $15 for rides.

Sat Nite

Enjoy the local food scene of Davis, Thomas, Canaan Valley and all of Tucker County.

Come have a brew at Mountain State Brewery Company

Listen to music at the Purple Fiddle.

Sunday June 28

9am- noon Trail Maintenance led by the Tucker Country Trails Club on a local riding trail. Come give back to the trails!

10-12 Family and Kids ride on Camp 70 and Dobbin House. Take the kids out and have a good time.

2pm-4pm Bike Hash : Try something different... Let the Canaan Valley Hash Hound Harriers remind you how fun drinkers are with a mountain biking problem.

Come sun or mud! times and details can change like the weather up here, but fun will always guaranteed.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come check it out and ride and hang out with great people in the small mountain community that welcomes riders and outdoor enthusiasts with open arms and good vibes are guaranteed! you just might not want to leave.

tons of camping everywhere as well as lodging at the state parks and some inn's.

if you need more info call blackwater bikes:
(304) 259-5286

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man I'd love to go!!!!! Gotta work tomorrow though and Davis may be a little too rough for me right now!!!!! I wish this festival was maybe a couple of more weekends away!!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I'm with ya. Have to work but Davis kills me in the best way possible...lol...hard riding for me at my level but I still have a blast.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what a blast the whole weekend with the whole town involved with the recreation it caters to... as usual!

ride sign up board:

the 'long ride' pitstop on the gas line:

'long ride' pitstop in the jungle:

'long ride' photo-op on plantation:

still havent seen anyone who can ride over this rock...

rides are all over... time to hit the local trail fundraiser at hellbender burritos. canycom trailworker parking in front :)

sunday's first ever canaan bike hash! the local ski/running hash club did it up right! the Hares getting ready to head out with coolers of beer in tow to slow down the hounds.

hares left beer on the trail, so hounds must drink! gulp gulp... ON ON!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Looks like a blast. Sad I had to miss it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts