Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a 2007 1FG frame and got a used 2008 truvativ stylo crank and bottom bracket. The bottom bracket came with two 2-3mm spacers for the bottom bracket. I assumed one per side to space the bearing cups out from the EBB. Can someone let me know if they put the bearing cups right on without spacers on their 1FG's or, if stock, what the 2007 configuration is with the external bearing Truvativ cups?

FYI the build will go like this:
2007 1FG frame medium
DT swiss single speed hubs with 717xc rims tubeless for nevegals
2008 stylo crank and BB 32T
Avid Juicy 7s (new)
Easton EC-90 seatpost and monkeylite SL low rise bar
SRAM PC 870 chain
Kick Ass cogs 20T
fizik gobi saddle

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume the Cannondale Eccentric bottom bracket is 68mm? I also notice that the set screw or centering screw that is Torx on the bottom bracket may interfere with the bearing cup if no spacer is used. I figured it looked right with the spacers but I want it to be right. If someone can confirm the bottom bracket width is 68mm consider my crank dilemma solved.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I'm sure it is 68mm. Most EBBs are. You could always measure it yourself. You'll know if you did it wrong right away. If it's 73mm and you put the spacers in and try to install the cranks you won't be able to get the non-drive arm on tight enough without the bearings binding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.