Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Bzzzzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing....

rutteger said:
DHOs were 1997 only.
The DHO model was produced into mid-98 and still be sold new in 1999. There are distinct differences between the 1997 and 1998 or later versions, the 1997 had 4" travel and rim-brake mounts only. The 1998+ had 4.5" travel and had both rim brake and rockshox's then new disc mount (which later became the industry standard 51mm mount).

·
Safe
106 Posts
DeeEight said:
The DHO model was produced into mid-98 and still be sold new in 1999.
Fair enough, I was only going off the 99 RS spare parts catalogue and my hazy memory. DHO is only listed for 1997

Worked for the UK importers (admittedly as a lowly mechanic) from 98-99. I don't recall seeing any new DHOs brought over in this time.

Interestingly enough both the RS catalog and BikePro shows the 97 fork with disk mounts.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
They were very poor sellers. Pricepoint was clearing them out (the 4.5" travel version) a few years ago for about $200US a fork as I recall brand new. There was a string of posts on here about the time of people asking if they were worth buying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.