Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Why do I feel a trainwreck coming on......;)
me thinks someone warned him?

if not, and a n00b read some stickies, well then props to the new guy:thumbsup:

dang, and I was hoping for a train wreck:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, As soon as i posted that first Title and post, I looked at two threads above mine and got a quick lesson on what not to do. I'm n00, but i'm a quick learner - my apologies guys - I was just trying to get smart on the bike. Won't happen again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info "yetified" All the info i've seen covers mostly the homegrown hts, but i've been on a search for info about this bike frame. Appreciate it.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
F1xster said:
Thanks for the info "yetified" All the info i've seen covers mostly the homegrown hts, but i've been on a search for info about this bike frame. Appreciate it.
Noob, those rolling eyes means I was busting your chops. Welcome to vrc. I don't think you're going to find any info on that bike in here. Did you go to the YETI forum? I think you'll find what you're looking for there. There are some people on this forum who worked at the YETI factory who have stated the NO Homegrowns were made at the factory and were only assembled there. Still, there are others who state that only the two-tone bass boat homegrowns HT's were actually built at the factory. Your composite Scwhinn FS is highly unlikely to have been built there or assembled.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
F1xster said:
I'm off to the Yeti forum. Everyone always likes to pick on the FNG. I'm watchin' ya yetified - Take care and thanks for the insight.
Yup. I got pounded the first few times I posted here, sort of a right of passage. Have thick skin, laugh and plug in to a really great forum. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the props. I've selected the appropriate n00b, I'm aloof, smiley face. :???: I caught my mistake immediately after posting the thread. I read all of Rumpfy's info and am better for it.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
F1xster said:
Thanks for the props. I've selected the appropriate n00b, I'm aloof, smiley face. :???: I caught my mistake immediately after posting the thread. I read all of Rumpfy's info and am better for it.
Haha! Just the right twinge of humor and sincerity. :thumbsup:

If you're better for it, then my thread has purpose...since we get a hell-of-a-lotta people who don't bother to read it. I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Impressive learning curve F1xster. Possibly the fastest learner yet! :)
Yes, I believe it's called tread or die.:) You're just giving him props because he read your rant, er....sticky.:p

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
YETIFIED said:
There are some people on this forum who worked at the YETI factory who have stated the NO Homegrowns were made at the factory and were only assembled there. Still, there are others who state that only the two-tone bass boat homegrowns HT's were actually built at the factory. Your composite Scwhinn FS is highly unlikely to have been built there or assembled.
This ground was covered over the course of 1+ years of research and posts by ameybrook.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=258874

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.