Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Im VERY new to this. Im still learning alot about bikes. I just picked up a 1997 Bianchi Lynx. It is a nice bike and all but it does not have a front suspension as i would like. Now please forgive me for my ignorance, like I said I am brand new to the whole bike scene. I was wondering if anyone could refer me to a good RockShox system or anyother good name brand fork that would actually fit my bike. Also i would like to get a new front and rear derailure. I was riding yesterday and everytime i tried to pedal faster the chain would jam in the front sprocket. I dont know why. Anyways.. thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to some replies.

Rory

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. you make a point, not to spend too much becuase the value of the bike is not that much. i think the 59.99 for the front fork is not too much in this case. I would like to learn as much on this bike as I can before i go spending upwards of a grand or more on a new bike . As for the derailleur problem, I looked at my bike more closely, and it seems that the front derailleur does not move AT ALL. when i turn the grip shift it stays in the same place and the cable just gets either really really loose when its in 1 position and takes up some slack when i turn it to the 3 position but does not move the derailleur. i just need to take my time and adjust the slack there instead of spending money. If anyone is in the allentown/quakertown, Pa area and knows of any public place to ride some decent trails let me know. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.