Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The 1996 Olympic Mountain biking DVD is ready to go. This is home made but is the best possible given what is out there. All of the commercials have been edited out. I digitized a VHS tape made of the NBC broadcast and put it to DVD. There is also some private footage from a video camera. Total running time is about 1.5 hours.

If you want a copy of the DVD send a $15 donation to SORA to me via paypal. I will take out $5 for shipping and the DVD and $10 goes to SORBA. If you live outside the US add whatever extra it will cost me to ship it to where you live. I only take paypal (no credit cards) so if you don't use pay pal then let me know of a better way to do it. Email address to paypal link is below (address is [email protected] and this is a verified account).

The funniest part of the video is you forgot how long ago 1996 was. No full suspension bikes at all and the US gets hammered. Also, the Conyers course looks amazing compared to what it is now. Fresh grass on the in field, tons of buildings, and amazing helicopter views of the race.

Regards,
Shannon

link to pay:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...y_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-BuyNowBF&charset=UTF-8

·
SALLGUD
449 Posts
Done

Looking forward to viewing this one. Thanks for donating to SORBA and thanks for taking the time to do it.

Michael

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Nice to see fundraising for a worthy cause and I would take no joy in possibly derailing it, but I have a hard time believing NBC and the Olympics have given you the rights to do what you are doing.

You might want to check into it if you haven't before you release something like this for sale.

Regards,
Jeff

·
SALLGUD
449 Posts
Thank you!

DVD received today and I sit here in front of the TV watching the 1996 Olympic MTB races, men and women. Thanks for taking the time to do this and thanks for shipping so quickly. Excellent quality. I am thoroughly enjoying this, but there was some serious suffering going on in this race.

This is a DVD that will be taken to our local SORBA gatherings if a TV and DVD player are nearby. If anyone wants a copy, I will have them contact you :cool:

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts