Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, that was the only new mtn bike I've ever owned! Got it for xmas from my dad in dec '95... I must've put 10k+ miles on that thing, mixed around town and really mellow trail riding. Still have it actually, it's mostly in pieces sitting in my shed. It would be fine for what it sounds like you're looking for. Its got a 1" head tube so your fork options are extremely limited, I'd keep the rigid fork that it came with. Tires are condition dependent, are you riding mostly street or mostly trail? What sort of trails are you looking at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will mainly be on the road although some friends want to start riding in our local hills here in Montana nothing to serious. I was thinking the front suspension would help. Any reason why youd keep the stock rigid?

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Cost vs. Value

jmturpin said:
will mainly be on the road although some friends want to start riding in our local hills here in Montana nothing to serious. I was thinking the front suspension would help. Any reason why youd keep the stock rigid?
Because you won't be able to find a new suspension fork to fit the bike. Any old fork you find off eBay will likely not function great and will cost more to purchase/maintain than the value of the bike.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Not a brand....

jmturpin said:
ok now im thinking ill leave the fork alone can you guys recomend a good tire for 70% street 30% dirt road and trails
But a type. Look at semi-slicks. They're mostly slick but have some treads outside of the primary contact point. They're not great for street or for dirt but they're okay for both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.