Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not vintage... it's not period correct...but it's fun as hell to ride.

Canadian made 1996 Brodie Soverign custom ordered in March 1996.

Rode hard for 10 years, then retired.

Decided to turn it into my "dream build"

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
oooow... beauty of simplicity. Fits my street!!

Fulll side-picture would be cool.

Repainted or original all the way? Looks fast just standing there.

·
artistic...
7,623 Posts
96...hmm. is it corrected for 2.5 in of front travel? if so..how is it riding w/ a low height fork like the syncros?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Very nice indeed. It looks like it came right off the showroom floor. It's a good thing I don't know where you live - lol... too small for me anyway. What is the axle to crown on that fork? Nice build.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all...

Jeroen,

It's on it's second coat of paint, by Greg Cains of Shinny Shinny Coatings. (he also did the DeKerfs during the mid-late 90's). Here's a profile shot.

joeadnan,

Cranks are Grafton Joystix

top-ring,

Not off the showroom at all, riden hard and put away wet for 10 years...
I'm not sure the axel to crown on the forks... I'll check. They are the 2nd generation Powerlites with the beefier crown (1st generation were recalled due to the crown failing on some).

colker1,

It was custom built around a Mag 21, roughly a 14.5" frame, 22.5 TT. I think it actually rides better with a rigid fork than a FS fork. It seems more stable and precise through single track, though alot more harsh.

Attachments

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
14.5x22.5? Perfect. Im the buyer, if you ever sell it.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
917 Posts
Very sweet bike.
A nice collection of parts.:thumbsup:
Did you get the new Stickers directly from Brodie????

Makes me want to get my Brodie Expresso on the road.................not yet.
Next year and maybe a single speed..............

:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
very nice Sovereign!

:thumbsup:

perhaps you will find the carbon hubs from nuke. That will be a good unit with your handlebar.

;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
mmmmmm.... Very nice... Makes me itch to build up my new eXpresso, though I have to sell my 1 Ball first!

BTW, weren't those Syncros forks recalled? Snappity snap? It's amazing how many BC/ AB shops have old gatorblades kicking around, I see them all the time. And of course, no one wants to part with them...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.