Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a "Camping Bike" and I got a call from a frequent customer today that though he had just the thing! He said he picked it up from some ladys garage sale. It fit me perfectly so I handed him 80 big ones and took it home. I cannot believe the condition of this thing. Everything functions PERFECT. :thumbsup:

Let me know what you think!

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Wonderfull find......now, if I can just get my hands on a Ritchey Comp Shock.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
ADDam said:
I've been looking for a "Camping Bike" and I got a call from a frequent customer today that though he had just the thing! He said he picked it up from some ladys garage sale. It fit me perfectly so I handed him 80 big ones and took it home. I cannot believe the condition of this thing. Everything functions PERFECT. :thumbsup:

Let me know what you think!

I think its great for the $80 you spent on it and will probably fill camp bike duty. Beyond that...as a mountain bike. Eh.

Everything is perfect except the side walls of those tires!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think, derailleur cables would cross in front of the head tube, then once again cross underneath downtube. That way you don't rub off paint from the head tube. At least that's how I set up all my GTs.

Beautiful pictures your camera takes.

Completely off the topic but I love my charge spoon too. I just ordered my second set (brown this time) from Tree Fort. Good folks there:thumbsup:

Edit - ohh I see you are with them. I saw the bike frame first...

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts
^aye charge spoon, fab seat, biut have know idea how we got onto that!

*oh I see it there hiding in a pic, I have white

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hatake said:
I think, derailleur cables would cross in front of the head tube, then once again cross underneath downtube. That way you don't rub off paint from the head tube. At least that's how I set up all my GTs.

Beautiful pictures your camera takes.

Completely off the topic but I love my charge spoon too. I just ordered my second set (brown this time) from Tree Fort. Good folks there:thumbsup:

Edit - ohh I see you are with them. I saw the bike frame first...
Thanks for the comments!

I actually have the Knife. To this point it's my favorite saddle that I have ran (out of multiple WTB's, Selle Italia's and a Fizik).

Rumpfy said:
I think its great for the $80 you spent on it and will probably fill camp bike duty. Beyond that...as a mountain bike. Eh.

Everything is perfect except the side walls of those tires!
Camp Duty is all I'm asking from it. I put some new(er) tires on it this evening and some nicer pedals, it's a very fun bike to cruise around on.

I didn't really feel too comfortable leaving my Giant Trance X0 on an unoccupied campsite, this will be a little bit easier on the nerves. :p

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
Nice paint on those TLs, and that GT bar/bar-end combo is a cool part.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Those saddles are nice for the money.....

charge-knife-road-saddle.jpg

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
So stop spending big money on bikes and.......

get the flippin addition finished. :)

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,304 Posts
Do yourself a preemptive favor, fumigate the shifter pods with TriFlow and work them for a little bit. They are notorious for getting all jammed up and non functional due to the assembly grease drying up and getting all sticky. :prft:

Good score for a goferbeer bike!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
A week ago, I was given a GT Timberline frame and I have made a roller out of it. My intent is to use it to ride 300 miles along an abandoned railway line this fall. I know the vintage bikes can't begin to compare with the new stuff, but I can have a lot of fun for very little invested. Great find.
Bob

·
Registered
421 Posts
nice! there's one just like that in my livingroom right now. only it's blue, has a softride stem and syncros seatpost.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
IC Lou...you may have bought that Timberline in 1995 but it's actually a 1994 model. There was no Timberline FS in 95 just 94.

·
Registered
23 Posts
very nice GT Timberline, I just bought 2 of them... Im trying to figure out the years, but I believe one may be the same exact year as yours. I want to make them into tourers... let's see how my project goes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts