Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this old Fisher.
Stopped by a garage sale on the way home from a mountainbike ride on my 2008 Gary Fisher Procaliber. This bike was there, and the guy saw me eyeing it. "Five bucks!" he says...
"Sold!" I say...
Showed up at home and told the wife my Fisher spontaneously reproduced...
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel

Cleaned it, polished it, and swapped tires and tubes in it, and adjusted things, and have been riding it back and forth to work (hence my coffee cup in the water bottle cage)
Going to make this a commuter that I can take the long bumpy way home on if I want.
Stem and bars are steel, and rusty, so I need to find some nicer ones. Also going to swap the pedals for some old school bear traps, or similar, and put new grips on, along with new cables and brake pads.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Awesome find. I had a 1992 or 3 Fisher Paragon, bright orange. It was a sweet ride back in the day. I turned it into a commuter with slicks. She rode nice. That's one of the ones that got away. I was stupid and sold it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Bikes in jeans
2,372 Posts
Great find. I'd prefer to find a rigid one as well rather than mess with a blown out garbage suspension fork from that era.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brilliant, help

Hi IndianaDave

hoping you can help me. I've got an identical frame which I've been turning into a road/off road tourer as a lockdown project.

my problem is I don't have the details on the original fork other than the offset (rake) was 38mm

would you possibly be able to be a legend and measure the axel to crown lengh on that fork for me?

keeping my fingers crossed

john (glasgow, scotland)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.